It’s estimated that over fifty million people in the United States suffer from allergies, especially in the summer. Your bedroom can present some very difficult challenges for the average allergy sufferer as there are dozens of opportunities for allergy-aggravating sources, such as bacteria, mold, and mildew growth, to exist in all types of bedding, pillows, mattresses, carpet and drapes.
Reduce your bedroom allergens to ensure a good night’s sleep:
- Use a dehumidifier to reduce mold or mildew growth. Keep the humidity level under sixty percent.
- Reduce the number of dust mites, which trigger asthma and allergies, by using allergy-free bedding covers on pillows and mattresses. Wash your sheets and pillowcases every week in hot water (130 degrees or more).
- Use a vacuum regularly in the bedroom, using a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. A powerful vacuum makes a big difference. Select one that features deep cleaning, or a central vac system.
- Buy a high quality mattress cover to help protect your mattress from the introduction of moisture.
- Remove excess decorative pillows or stuffed animals from your bedroom.
- Also remove any uneeded upholstered furniture or other fabric-based items from your bedroom.
- Select washable area rugs and curtains, and wash them often.
- Do not allow your pets to enter your bedroom.
These statistics are based on information from the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI). Also see “The Allergy Report: Science Based Findings on the Diagnosis & Treatment of Allergic Disorders”, 1996 – 2001.
How can a Sleep Number Bed help?
A Sleep Number® bed offers many advantages as compared to a traditional mattress in the areas of minimizing allergens and providing higher quality sleep.
The unique zip-open design of a Sleep Number bed allows for easy opening and viewing the inside of your mattress. This represents an advantage over a traditional , enclosed-type mattress.
You can also choose to open up your Sleep Number bed to vacuum out dust and air it out. This just cannot be done with a traditional mattress, as various allergy-causing substances may be trapped inside the bed and not seen.
Higher Quality Materials
Select Comfort is a experienced in the industry, and in the use of materials that inhibit the growth of allergens that, in rare circumstances, can form inside any upholstered mattress.
All Sleep Number beds are made using Belgian Damask fabric, specially treated with patented process that promotes a sanitized environment for your protection and comfort.
You are also able to select from an extentive line of hypoallergenic sleep accessories for your sleep number bed. These include includes special pillows, protective pillow covers, as well as blanket and comforter that are also allergen-free.
Outstanding Customer Service
Your satisfaction and comfort are important, and so it’s crucial to select a bed maker that has an excellent record with customer service. Select Comfort, the makers of the Sleep Number Bed offer a Twent Year Limited Warranty and a high level of customer service. Their ratings and reviews with organizations like the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Reports are also stellar, with the company making honest efforts to resolve any legitimate consumer issues.